Breadwinner allows customer creation for all of the supported processors.
- Connect to your payment processor
- Once connected, Breadwinner will bring all historical data (Customers, Payment Methods, Payments, and more depending on your Breadwinner Billing plan) into Salesforce
- Match your payment processor Contacts and Accounts to those already in Salesforce
- Update Page Layouts to see the Breadwinner objects related lists on Account/Contact and Opportunity. This can be done only after you have started the matching process mentioned above.
- Enable Active Mode on the Breadwinner Payments Setup Page.
You can also Map fields in Customers Configuration from the Setup tab to prepopulate the field values from an Account/Contact while creating the Customer.
Along with processor standard fields, you can also choose values to be prepopulated for the Custom Fields. Currently, only Stripe supports custom fields on the customer.
Creating the Customer
Select an Account/Contact where you want to create the Transaction. There you will find the New button on the Transaction (Breadwinner Payments) related list. Clicking that will start the Customer Guided Wizard. You can also create a new customer while creating a transaction, subscription or invoice (please see the related documentation for more information).
Below is an example from a Salesforce Account record.
Clicking on the New button will redirect you to the create customer screen.
Enter Customer Details
If you have done the field mapping in the Customers Configuration, the Customer details will be prepopulated based on the mapping, if not default mapping(Account Name, Phone, and Billing address fields) will be applied.
While creating a Customer, you can observe below mentioned points.
- When more than one processor is connected, you'll see the list of processors connected to choose from.
- If the Customer match type is Account, you can see the list of contacts related to Account, you can choose a contact from the list to map to the Customer Name and Email or ignore the contacts and enter the details manually. If the Customer match type is Contact, the Customer details will be mapped to the Contact details.
- You'll be able to see the Account/Contact details on the left side.
- If there are any Custom fields created on the Customer object, Custom Fields section will be displayed.
- On the right side, you can confirm or change the details of the Customer
After confirming the Customer details, click the Create Customer button to create the Customer in the payment processor. Breadwinner will push the Customer into your payment processor in real-time, then automatically sync it back to Salesforce.
After creating the Customer
You can review the newly created Customer details.