Currently, Breadwinner only allows Invoice creation for Stripe.
Note: You will need to be on a Professional or Higher Plan to get payment processor Billing data and create a Subscription.
- Install Breadwinner Payments in your Salesforce Org
- Connect to your payment processor
- Once connected, Breadwinner will bring all historical data (Customers, Payment Methods, Payments, Coupons, Products, Prices, Subscriptions, and Invoices) into Salesforce
- Match your payment processor Contacts and Accounts to those already in Salesforce
- Update Page Layouts to see the Breadwinner objects related lists on Account/Contact and Opportunity. This can be done only after you have started the matching process mentioned above.
- Enable Active Mode on the Breadwinner Payments Setup Page.
You can also run the Product Match from the Setup, where you can map your processor Products with Salesforce Products.
Creating the Invoice
You can go to any object that has the invoice related list. There you will find the New button. Clicking that will start the Invoice Guided Wizard. You can also create a new invoice from the Breadwinner customer record by clicking the Create Invoice button.
Below is an example from an opportunity record.
Confirm or Create a New Customer
The first step in the Guided wizard is to confirm or create the Customer.
If you match your customers to Accounts, you can:
- Select an existing customer associated with the related Account
- Or Create a new Customer using the "Create a Breadwinner Payments Customer" option
In the case of the Contact Match, there is no option to create a new customer.
- Select an existing customer associated with the related Contact
- If you are creating this from an Opportunity you need to create contact roles for the Account related Contacts. Any Breadwinner Customers that are matched to the Contact roles (Contacts) on the Opportunity will be shown.
- If you are creating the Invoice directly from the Contact then any Breadwinner Customers linked to that Contact will be shown.
After selecting / creating the Customer, click on the Next button.
Enter Invoice Details
You will now be asked to enter the Invoice details.
In the Create invoice section, you can choose:
- Billing Method
- Currently, Breadwinner only supports the Email Invoice option with a Payment Due Date. To email an Invoice, the selected Customer must have a valid email. This will trigger the payment processor to email the invoice to the customer.
- You can only Add One Time Products as line items
- If you go through the Product matching process, which links Salesforce Products to the Breadwinner products. If any of those Salesforce products are added to the opportunity, if you are creating this from an opportunity, will display in the list. Any products not matched will be left off the invoice.
- Salesforce Products that have not been matched will be skipped
- Add Product: Click this to add additional Products as line items
- You can select any coupon that has synced from your processor
After confirming the Invoice details, click the Create and Send Invoice button to create the Invoice in the payment processor. Breadwinner will push the Invoice into your payment processor in real-time, then automatically sync it back to Salesforce.
After creating the Invoice
You can review the newly created Invoice.