ERD / Object Structure
Breadwinner is designed to be enhanced by developers. We provide QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Enterprise Data in native and custom Salesforce objects. You can further add formulas, Apex roll-ups, workflow, and triggers.
Breadwinner consists of nine objects, though for most customers, only five objects are used.
Specifically, most customers use Breadwinner for their Accounts Receivable, i.e. receiving money from their clients. This will utilize five Breadwinner objects:
- Invoice object (which is a perfect copy/slave record of the QuickBooks Invoice object), which also includes the Credit Memos from QuickBooks
- Line Item, a master-detail child object of the Invoice, reflecting QuickBooks Invoice and Credit Memo lines
- Payments, a child of the QuickBooks Online Customer record, reflecting payments and pre-payments made by customers
- Payment Transactions, a junction object between the Payment object and the Invoice object, reflecting how Payments are allocated to the Invoices
- The QuickBooks Online Company object, which reflects all of the QuickBooks Customer and Vendor records
For customers on Breadwinner Business Edition or higher, they may also use the Accounts Payable objects, which consist of:
- Bill/PO object, which is the counterpart to the Invoice object, except that it reflects either payment (Bills) or a request for an Invoice (PO)
- Bill/PO Line Item object, which reflects line items on the Bill or PO. This is visually displayed as two related lists/sections of the Bill/PO because QuickBooks has two types of Line Items in Accounts Payable.
- Bill/PO Payments, a child of the QuickBooks Online Customer record, reflecting payments and pre-payments made to Vendors
- Bill/PO Payment Transactions, a junction object between the Payment object and the Bill / PO object, reflecting how Payments are allocated to the Bills
None of the objects in Salesforce should ever be changed, created, or deleted in Salesforce. Instead, QuickBooks Customers and Vendors can and should be created or edited through our Guided Invoice Creation Wizard. And Invoices, Bills, and POs should be created through our Guided Invoice Creation Wizard.
If you need to edit an Invoice, Bill, or PO, then this change should be made in QuickBooks, for financial security and data integrity. Within about 15 minutes of being updated in QuickBooks, the records will be updated in Salesforce. (The exception to this is the deletion of records in QuickBooks, which does not result in a data trail, so it can take up to two weeks for these records to be marked deleted in Salesforce).
Additionally, Breadwinner can create QuickBooks Inventory Items based on Opportunity Products. We will create a corresponding QuickBooks Inventory Item in QuickBooks based on the Opportunity Product Code. We create QuickBooks Inventory Items on demand at the time of Invoice creation. QuickBooks Inventory creation happens in the background and is transparent to the end-user.
If you need to bring QuickBooks Inventory Items into Salesforce as Opportunity Products, you can do so as a one-time operation from the Breadwinner tab. Once Inventory is imported as Opportunity Products, we strongly recommend using Opportunity Products as your master data set, rather than QuickBooks. This is because Opportunity Products have a more sophisticated structure in Salesforce, and also because we can create (if needed) QuickBooks Inventory Items transparently at the time of Invoice creation.