Custom Guided Wizard
Breadwinner was designed to create Invoices from Accounts, Opportunities (and their Opportunity products), and Orders (and their Order products) with no configuration required.
However, you may wish to create Invoices from other objects, such as an ISV App or your own custom objects. There is virtually no restriction to how you might approach this, other than that the Invoice must be linked to an Account (through either a formula or lookup) and the record the Invoice originates from.
- The ability to create an Invoice from a Custom URL is currently restricted to Breadwinner's Enterprise Edition.
- A surprisingly common request is to populate fields that do not exist in Xero. For obvious reasons, we cannot populate fields that don’t exist in Xero.
- You cannot pull data from two or more fields into a single field on the accounting platform; this is true for both Invoice level and Line Item level fields. However, you may easily achieve this by using a formula field that concatenates those two fields. This is why we strongly recommend you pull data from Formula fields (compared to user-populated fields). Formula fields have the advantage of combining two or more fields, pulling data from parent records, or using logic to populate different information based on other fields.
- You will need to create a lookup field on the Breadwinner Invoice object to the object you want to create Invoices from
- We strongly recommend you add the Invoices related list to that object’s page layout
- The originating object will need either a direct lookup to an Account (either via a lookup or master-detail) or a formula field of the Salesforce Account you wish the Invoices to be created under
Please familiarize yourself with how Breadwinner normally creates Invoices out-of-the-box, in a traditional Opportunity/Opportunity Products situation. The ERD for Breadwinner for Xero is available in the Technical Resources section of our website.